When Installing A Metal Cabinet The Following Steps Would Be Commonly Used
- Excavate a trench for the conduit
- Electrician would then lay his conduit with the relevant elbows in an appropriate location.
- The conduit would be positioned for eg: a 1400 wide cabinet.
- The boxing would need to be a min. of 200mm wider than the base of the cabinet allowing extra 1m at the front
- The trench then needs to be backfilled with road base to prevent the slab from sinking and to provide a stabilized surface.
- Slab should be boxed up with the conduit at least 100mm above the finished slab level. This will then be cut off to ground level when installing the cabinet to make it easier to connect the cables and less likelihood of pinching the cable. In most cases if there is a slab allowance of 200mm at the back of the cabinet then there will be a conduit entry area of 50mm from back & sides.
- Lastly, concrete would then be poured into the boxing to usually a minimum of 100mm thick.